FCS Secondary School Assessment Rule
From this academic session, as per CBSE Circular No Acad-05/2017 dated 31.01.2017, restoration of Board examination along with revised assessment structure will be implemented (2017-18).
The key features of new assessment pattern for classes VI-X are as follows:
- Session is divided into two terms
- Term I – April to September
- Term II – October to March
- Term end examinations will be held in September, February- March respectively
- Total marks allotted to each of the five subjects (English, Vernacular, Mathematics, Science and Social Science) is 100.
- 100 marks comprises of written examination of 80 marks and periodic assessment of 20 marks
- The syllabus for 80 marks written examination for the 1st term will be, the syllabus covered till September
- The term end examination will have the following patterns:
- For classes IX- X – Syllabus that has been covered in the entire year. Pre-board Examination for classes X will be held in January 2018.
- For classes VI – VIII – Syllabus covered in the second term along with selected portion from the 1st term.
For 20 marks periodic assessment per term, the pattern is as follows:
Syllabus covered till assessment date by the school in the month of June and December respectively.
5 marks for Note Book submission that will be marked on the following parameters:
- Assignment completion
- Neatness and upkeep of notebook
5 marks for Subject enrichment activity:
- English: Speaking and listening skills
- Vernacular: Speaking and listening skills
- Science: Practical lab work
- Mathematics: Math lab practical
- Social Science: Map work and project work
Want to learn more about admission?