Homework is a constructive tool to facilitate the teaching-learning process. At FCS, we define our homework policy to cater to the needs and abilities of our students. It also helps to students develop independent study habits and retain what they have learnt through a systematic practice routine at home.
We ensure that the home works are not too exacting for the students and doesn’t take more than 90 minutes of their time at home. We give interesting homework assignments based on the topic covered in the school.
The school does not encourage its students to take tuitions from the teachers of Future Campus School.
Students should try and do their homework independently, without the help of their parents. They should develop a regular homework routine, keep their parents informed about the assignments and update them on the status of the homeworks after completion.
Some best practices which students should observe while doing their homework are:
- Ensure that they are prepared with whatever stationery supplies are needed for homework and craftwork.
- Give their parents sufficient notice, if any extra materials are needed for projects and other such home assignments, so that these can be acquired without inconvenience.
- Create, with help of their parents, an appropriate environment at home for quiet study without disruption
- Earmark a regular block of time for homework. If no homework is assigned they should maintain the routine, by reviewing class work or reading a book during the time assigned for homework.
- Ensure that their home assignments are completed on time and that all supporting books and materials are carried back to school.
- Seek assistance from their parents only when specifically required, as per instructions from their teachers.
- Ask their parents, on a daily basis to review their homework, show them the completed work and ensure that they sign the almanac.
- Seek their parents’ help to list the things they did not understand, so that they can share these with their teachers at school next day.
- Both parents & students need to understand that learning is not possible without few hours of self-study at home.
Want to learn more about admission?